• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Wacom drawing tablet - pen lag on sliders in Lightroom CC due Windows Ink

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023 and I still have problem with the the ring and lable poping up in Substance Painter, + the slight lag on the sliders on menue items. This was not a proble before Adobe took over. 

[Moderator: Please don't reactivate a 6 year old thread. Besides, this is here the Lightroom forum. You wrote about issues with Substance. The couldn't be the same problem.]

[Moved to the appropriate Substance forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I have major lag issues navigating the viewport when Windows Ink is enabled. If I move the pen very slowly, there's no problem, but as soon as I move faster and work as I'd normally, the lags make working a real drag in productivity.
I've followed all recommendations from the troubleshooting page regarding Windows Ink and Tablets, but found no solution to this problem in particular. If I disable Windows Ink, there are no more lags, but I have no pen pressure. So I'm stuck with the lags for the moment in favor of having pen pressure.

I had this issue both with my prior Wacom Tablet and still have it now that I'm using an XP-Pen model. I have this problem since 2019 and never found a solution!

I attached the log and 2 screen recordings in which I show the behavior with Windows Ink on and with Windows Ink off.

Specs:
Tablet: XP-Pen Deco 01 v2
Driver version: 3.1.4 (build 5365b86)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023 and I still have problem with the the ring and label popping up in Substance Painter, + the slight lag on the sliders on menu items. This was not a problem before Adobe took over.

I hope once and for all we can solve this. I have looked everywhere for a definite solution without any luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello David,

I'm not aware of such an issue, so thanks for bringing this up, I've merged the two similar threads together to keep everything in one place.

As always, I'd advise first to make sure your drivers (GPU and Wacom) are updated, a lot of issues can come from outdated drivers. Now that it has been said, could you send me your log (Help > export log), so I can have a better idea on what's happening? You can share it via any cloud link here or send it to me at cdellenbach@adobe.com

Let me know,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources