• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance painter not exporting 8k maps correctly.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

So here's the problem...

I have more or less finished texturing my model in Substance Painter, and am able to to export, everything seems fine, "Export Complete" it says. Little did I know at this point, that half of the texture map would be missing from the export. I have tried using a few different shaders and export templates, but nothing seems to work.

Attached is an image of what it should look like and one of how it is exporting, with a circle around the main bit that I need to be visible (I have just used the colour map for this example but is the case across all of the maps). Excuse the shoddy UV map, it was an auto unwrap...

Help me Adobe Support Community, you're my only hope

How it started.png

How it's going.png

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lil update, I just tried exporting just the layer that has that "missing part" on, and it exported the vast majority of the texture, but still missed off that part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It may be because you didn't fill that area with anything and the exporter is interpreting that as alpha (translucency in the texture). If you could share a screenshot showing your layer stack and the vierport, it would help me identify the source of your problem.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoffroy, ta for the quick response, here is what I'm looking at

defaultk7332u80qfy9_0-1655306076003.png

Another quick update. I have just exported at 4K instead of the preferred 8K, and it seems to have exported fine. Is 8K an experimental feature or something?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, is some way to resolve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sviatoslav28929568f3gz,

There was probably a logical explanation to this issue. Would you mind sharing your assets and some screenshots, so I can take a deeper look at the issue? You can send those privately if you don't wish to share it here.

Keep me posted,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here i have 2textures
1 i try to export in 8k (maps are 8k)
and second, (valid where are all correct) is 4k resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, would you mind also sharing your log (help>export log...) and the .SPP file ? This way I can investigate a little bit.

Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
any news about this bug ? It seems I have encountered similar issue on my 8K normalmap export which is wrong meanwhile the 4K is fine. I work with the latest Steam version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Yann5E1A,

I wasn't able to reproduce on my side, and if I remember well, I never had access to the user .SPP file.

However, I'd love to take a look at your dataset, in order to solve this issue. Therefore, if you don't mind, you can send me your .SPP file at cdellenbach@adobe.com

Let me know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I will send you a link to my cloud, as the file is rather big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have a very similar issue. When i export the texture set in 8k my emission map appear weird upon reimporting the asset in Blender. No issues appearing in 2k and 4k version though. I even tried exporting the mesh from substance painter and applying the same textures to the new model, but nothing changed. Seems like some sort of bug within Substance Painter. Please let me know if you found a solution or Adobe fixed it. Also, should this be a bug and be eventually fixed later by Adobe, would this be fixed also for steam version 2023 users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm afraid I've never received the message of @Yann5E1A once again. It's possible that my inbox blocks the message (for security reasons). So @Mark - Da_Drood , could you send me your project (still at cdellenbach@adobe.com) and let me know when it has been done?

Regarding the Steam version, the current one receives the same updates/fixes as the Subscription version. However, the previous versions (2023, 2022, etc.) don't.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyril, the file is very heavy and i'd also prefer to keep it private, but i managed to recreate the issue using the sample jade frog within SP. As you can see in the picture, the frog on the left (in Blender) shows the version with 8k textures, while the one on the right has 4k textures (and same goes for 2k or less, apart from different textures definition). The 8k version has clearly issues in showing the emission map properly, compared to other textures resolutions.
If this is truly a bug within Substance Painter (so it was there with 2023 version as well) it would be fair to fix this for owners of that steam version as well, but we all know Adobe is not gonna do it. But you're probably the wrong person to do a complain to, so nevermind. Thanks for your time and availability that you always show anyway.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 140651.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details and the kind words ! I'll check on my side with a similar setup.

If this is in fact a bug (which it looks like), this indeed probably won't be fixed for the 2023 steam update.

I agree this is frustrating, but as far as I know we only work on previous steam version for major blocking bugs, and I'm afraid this won't change in the near future.

That being said, I'll try to discuss with the team. After all, this is blocking for a specific workflow.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your understanding Cyril and for always going the extra mile for the users 🙂
Kind Regards
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you didn’t get my file. I thought you were testing the bug. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

After testing and investigating with the team, the issue probably doesn't come from the 8K itself, but the ressource (the noise) used in the project. When we brought the 8K to the application, some assets weren't ready for 8K, so when upscaling the texture at export, because they don't know anything higher than 4K, they use the resolution at the bottom of the list, which is 128x128.

Therefore, could you let me know which asset/ressource brought the artifacts in your examples @Mark - Da_Drood?

Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Cyril, sorry for taking so long to reply you back, missed the notification. I extrapolated the "cracking" texture from a smart material called Marble Fine White, in which there's a material called Base Marble, which has a random crack generator within. Now i'm not even sure if it's a standard material within Substance 3d painter or if i got it through the Substance 3d community assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources