• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Substance painter not exporting correctly.

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

So here's the problem...

I have more or less finished texturing my model in Substance Painter, and am able to to export, everything seems fine, "Export Complete" it says. Little did I know at this point, that half of the texture map would be missing from the export. I have tried using a few different shaders and export templates, but nothing seems to work.

Attached is an image of what it should look like and one of how it is exporting, with a circle around the main bit that I need to be visible (I have just used the colour map for this example but is the case across all of the maps). Excuse the shoddy UV map, it was an auto unwrap...

Help me Adobe Support Community, you're my only hope

How it started.png

How it's going.png

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lil update, I just tried exporting just the layer that has that "missing part" on, and it exported the vast majority of the texture, but still missed off that part

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It may be because you didn't fill that area with anything and the exporter is interpreting that as alpha (translucency in the texture). If you could share a screenshot showing your layer stack and the vierport, it would help me identify the source of your problem.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Geoffroy, ta for the quick response, here is what I'm looking at

defaultk7332u80qfy9_0-1655306076003.png

Another quick update. I have just exported at 4K instead of the preferred 8K, and it seems to have exported fine. Is 8K an experimental feature or something?

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources