Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance painter will Crash PC when saving or changing texture resolution

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I've been facing the issue that substance painter will crash my computer ever since I upped the amount of RAM I have. This issue still occurs with the newly added RAM removed. 

I currently am using an 

NVIDIA RTX 3070 ti

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 

64GB DDR4 RAM

600W PSU.

Windows 10

Up to date graphics drivers.

Currently It has crashed around 8 times and corrupted multiple saves, even if they werent saving at the time of the crash. 

It Predominately happens when I save or change the texture resolution. Usually it will just blank my screen and sound and go to the boot screen with my RGB lights still on. Shortly afterwards, altough once, with 32gb installed it went to the BSOD giving me the error code: 

Store Data Structure Corruption

What I've tried:
*removing the new RAM

*Texturing in Power saver mode

*Only texturing on one 4k UDIM

*Only texturing in 2k

*CMD "Sfc /Scannow) (came up without issues)

*RAM Diagnostics ( came up without issues aswell)

*Updating Drivers

*Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

The Model itself lays at around 100k polygons with 2 UDIM's, at 128² and 4096² resolution (also happens in 2k) The file lays at around 5gigs as i got resources loaded into it and oddly enough, substance painter will barely use any system recourses, sometimes it uses 12-24% of my gpu but mostly it sits and barely anything, same with CPU which lays at 0.1-5% usually, according to the Task manager. 

I've spent a bit over a month just modelling the thing im working on and am now facing this wall and dont know how to continue texturing it with this inconvenience. 

I'll also link the corrupted SP file just in case:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DN7QOzSfVe-zzdyR9pdnHC8dHtFWfrKo/view?usp=sharing

It's probably also important to mention that i had a similar problem in blender a month ago where it would also just shut off my pc, though this only happened twice. 

I'll also update this  and post a solution if i find one in case someone else has this issue. 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023
I got a new psu and reinstalled windows. That worked

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me, did you find any solution to the problem?

Everything worked fine for me until the moment I upgraded the drivers on the gtx1050ti, since then everything started to hang brutally, give out a blue screen, etc. I gave the laptop for repair, asked to service the cooling, at the same time upgraded the RAM and ssd, doubled everything. Now I put the substens on the updated laptop and as a result, on the first start, hello blue screen, on the second start, everything hung tightly and hung for about 5 minutes, until I forcibly cut down the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Chupin27601234hnf6,

Thanks for the message.

Would you mind sharing your log after a crash, so I can take a better look? You'll find it under 
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Painter

Also, (if not already done) I'd advise you to roll back the GTX 1050 drivers to the previous version to check if the issue persists.

Keep me posted.

PS: @Patrice26059593dedw don't hesitate to make a sign if you've found a solution 🙂.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I got a new psu and reinstalled windows. That worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources