Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Substance Source Material

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I import Substance Source material in the new Adobe Substance Painter?

TOPICS
Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I like to keep my downloaded assets in a different PC folder to those which come free in the application. So this what works for me:

In Substance 3D Painter Settings - Libraries - I created and added added a folder on my PC which I use to store downloaded assets. I used to do this in the old versions anyway as it kept my paid for assets separate from any that loaded with the application. They all appear in the shelf together though. After that it is simple to:

1. Open Substance 3D Assets page in a browser (or you can use the CC desktop app and choose "Web - Substance 3D assets). If I am using points from an Adobe subscription go straight to step 2. If, using my old points built up in my Substance subscription, I go to the top right of the webpage and logout then log back in login with my old Substance details.

2. Select a material and click download

3. Point the download to the folder above and, specifically to the materials folder within it. I only need to do this for the first material in any session. Subsequent materials download to the same location.

4. In painter search in the shelf for the new material and it is there to use (no moving or further importing required)

Repeat 2 and 4 as many times required to get the materials I want to use.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can either download the materials in your Assets folder directly or drag and drop a downloaded material into the Assets panel to import it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but that method breaks your work flow.

When we select a material, why can't we opt to download directly to Painter the way Substance Launcher worked? That method worked with the artists without breaking your work flow.

Michael

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean I know it is not hard to do as suggested, but it was a great feature of Launcher to be able to choose download method right next to the material.
So just an easy way to change download location right in the download page would be great.

Michael

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and this feature will be coming back soon!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for repsonse.

That is great - look forward to it then 🙂

Michael

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources