Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The map export is not available when using the UV

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export out UDIMS via code, but I'm getting this error message:

[Plugin - export-textures] Exception ExportError: The map export is not available when using the UV Tile workflow (qrc:/js/mapexport.js line 24)

is there any other method I can use to export UDIMS? as by using these 2 seems impossible:
  • alg.mapexport.save
  • alg.mapexport.exportDocumentMaps

thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Import & Export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

The Javascript API is not updated anymore to support new features since a few versions now. If you want to export UDIMs/UV Tiles you will have to use a Python plugin instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Javascript API is not updated anymore to support new features since a few versions now. If you want to export UDIMs/UV Tiles you will have to use a Python plugin instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if a python plugin exists?  if yes can you link it? or would I have to create one?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've not see a plugin as such but there's document bundled with painter if you go to the link below it installs with painter.

Mark_Edwards_0-1650440269488.png

You want the export module api details, looks like you can specify UDIM etc. in there, I just wrote a custom exporter plugin for the project i'm working on (not udim and to proprietary to share but I guess same principles apply) I warn you it's a bit of a slog getting upto speed on it and learning the QT framework if you'r not familiar with it already for the GUI I think I spent more time on that than the export code.  the basic example in the docs does run tho to get you going. 

You essentially build a json file with all the parameters and pass it over to substance process but it's a bit fiddly to get set up.

all boils down to this but getting to that point is pretty painful

try:
            res = substance_painter.export.export_project_textures(json_config)
            self.on_export_finished(res)
        except ValueError as err:
            self.on_export_error(err)    

Mark_Edwards_1-1650440328494.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources