• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool Settings Used, Recall, Log, Layer Notes, etc.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post may be better suited for "Idea: Share and vote for app improvements," however, I'll try Discussion first to see if there's a lesson here to be learned.

I'm fairly new to Substance Painter, so this question may already have an answer. I searched, but I couldn't find anything.  Intuitively, noticing that SP doesn't recall a brush's setting or a tool's setting (e.g., size, flow, stroke opacity, angle, jitters, spacing, etc.), I right-clicked on a layer wondering if I could add a note.  But I didn't see a way to do that.  So, I've been keeping a text log of all of my layers and the brush or alpha I used and all of its settings.  This just in case I lost something and wanted to repeat it on another layer.

I am surprised that there's no way of making a note within SP. I believe I saw a place to create presets.  Is this the only way to do this?

Thanks to everyone for their consideration.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could certainely create a brush preset to save your brush settings.

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/creating-and-saving-presets-180191514.html

As for the ability to add note on a layer , then it is not a bad idea. I could see a use for it. You might want to separate that part out and post it under 'Ideas'. I'd vote for it.

Dave

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just played around with the presets. Works well. That will be added to my process for sure.  And thanks for the future vote! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources