• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tri-planar projection on fill layer causing black patches on normal map.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, 

I've run into an issue I can't seem to solve or find any info on. When I use Tri-planer projection on my fill layer, parts of my normal turn black. Adjusting scale or Y axis causes the black faces to jump around. This issue is not present when using other projection options or when changing the Filtering to nearest. Perhaps someone knows what's causing this issue or even how to correct it!

Cheers!

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a quick capture of the issue: 
https://i.gyazo.com/3eea80bf542c1f3758942516841033e2.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, while I have not found the cause of the issue, I have found a suitable work around by moving my normap texture map into the hieght map slot of the fill layer, with a little adjust in the levels it matches pretty close to how it looked in the normals slot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources