• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Triplaner pixlate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I put a triplanar in my generator to project the output of the work as a triplaner .. but the output of the work is in pixels.
I searched the internet and saw some people saying that the position map should be 16-bit. So where do I change the bake settings in the substance painter software so that the output of this process is a 16-bit map?

TOPICS
Baking

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Pixelated results with generators/filters is related to a loss of precision/bit-depth at some point, it can be either:

• the Substance graph isn't 16bit (or more, mask sure to force the bit dpeth before cooking the graph)
  • the input bitmap (bakes) are not 16bit

You mention that you baked in 32bit, but not which file format you used to store the result. If I recall well, Marmoset Toolbag doesn't support 16bit pngs and TGA is 8bit only as well. So make sure you use an appropriate file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Set the graph bit-depth to absolute then choose the precision you want, which should be 16bit minimum:

Y0225_190220.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I took it in Marmoust software and baked 32 bits there! But it is still pixelated.Screenshot 2022-02-24 092139.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My graph in Substance Designer is as follows:

Screenshot 2022-02-24 093308.png
And the triplaner settings are as follows:

Screenshot 2022-02-24 093624.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixelated results with generators/filters is related to a loss of precision/bit-depth at some point, it can be either:

• the Substance graph isn't 16bit (or more, mask sure to force the bit dpeth before cooking the graph)
  • the input bitmap (bakes) are not 16bit

You mention that you baked in 32bit, but not which file format you used to store the result. If I recall well, Marmoset Toolbag doesn't support 16bit pngs and TGA is 8bit only as well. So make sure you use an appropriate file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved the file as a PSD in Marmoust software, so it has the ability to save a 32-bit file. How do I convert a graph to 16 bits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the graph bit-depth to absolute then choose the precision you want, which should be 16bit minimum:

Y0225_190220.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much ❤️

I was very involved in this issue. I am really grateful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, except I am only using default substance painter materials.

In the Steel Dark Aged smart material, the Finish Rough filter on the Metal fill is set to UV projection by default.  When I turn on Tri-Planar, the projection turns into a larged pixelated pattern. I authored a 16-bit PSD and plugged it in as a Custom Grunge, and the result is simlar to the default grunge. The pixelation is being projected into the normals information.

I have also baked out a 16 bit normal map just to be sure, and the results are the same.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you bake your textures with Painter, just to test, do the issue remains ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources