• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uh, older versions?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unfortunate that Allegorithmic sold-out to Adobe because apparently Adobe sees no value in offering older versions of the software.   Well I'm not going to buy a new computer just so I can run the latest version when the version I was using was fine; and especially considering the newest versions of any programs are usually the buggiest.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Hi, this is the first version under Adobe, so older versions are not compatible with CC Desktop, but in the future when new updates are released, you will be able to download previous versions from CCD, like with the other Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is the first version under Adobe, so older versions are not compatible with CC Desktop, but in the future when new updates are released, you will be able to download previous versions from CCD, like with the other Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"you will be able to download previous versions from CCD, like with the other Adobe apps."

@Jeremie Noguer  For clarity, will that be only the latest two versions (i.e. current and previous) as is applied to CC apps like Photoshop?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a definitive answer at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying it was impossible to make these older versions  compatible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, I have the older version.   But there's no way to obtain a license to use it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find very disingenuous that so many people that paid for perpetual licenses can't even have access to them now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @aarnelc88526373,

What do you mean exactly? Do you have an issue to access your perpetual license? Perpetual licenses should always be accessible, but not through the Creative Cloud application.

Let me know.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Cyril. Yes, I've been having problems finding any good information about how to download an older version of Substance Painter for which I had a perpetual license. I sent an email to allegorithmic-legacyaccount@adobe.com and I haven't hear anything from them. I read in the forums that older versions can be downloaded from steam. But I was unsuccessful there too. I bought the software package twice on the allegorithmic website, wish isn't available now.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know.

I'm going to investigate on my side, ask the right person on the team, and come back to you asap.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After discussion with the team, sending an email to allegorithmic-legacyaccount@adobe.com was the proper thing to do. They normally answer to all messages, so either the email has never been received, either it unfortunately ended up in spam.

Could you DM me the adress you used to send the email back then? We'll check if we can find your message. You can also send a new one with the same email adress you used for the Allegorithmic account.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources