• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI Scaling on 4k monitor

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my 4k monitor, the UI looks too small. Is this issue still unresolved?

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Hi

With the last release of Painter 8.2.0, we should have fixed most UI scaling issues related to multiple monitors and HDPI monitors.
change log: 
[UI] Resolve scaling issues for high-DPI screens: Improved Painter UI adaptation on high definition screens with custom display scaling.

more info on: https://community.adobe.com/t5/substance-3d-painter-discussions/painter-8-2-0-is-now-live/td-p/13249065

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The scaling on a 32 inches 4k monitor is horrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been suffering with this for a long time.
I think it's realted the UI implementation (software used to build the UI) and as I understood it from previous dives into this issue, it can't solved easily.  I dearly wish it was, as big 4k monitors is your go-to-solution for art production these days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same related issue here but in my case, the UI is too big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

With the last release of Painter 8.2.0, we should have fixed most UI scaling issues related to multiple monitors and HDPI monitors.
change log: 
[UI] Resolve scaling issues for high-DPI screens: Improved Painter UI adaptation on high definition screens with custom display scaling.

more info on: https://community.adobe.com/t5/substance-3d-painter-discussions/painter-8-2-0-is-now-live/td-p/13249...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a solution on the link you've shared 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally cannot read the characters, they're too small, can we please have some guidelines on how to change the UI setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Painter used to not take into account your scaling values, defined in the Windows settings.
Now we do take this value into account, which can change the scaling of Painter, and it will look bigger or smaller than before, but it is the "correct" scaling according to the Windows Settings we used to ignore.
This used to lead to numerous issues on a lot of configurations.However, it should be possible for you to simply deactivate the scaling on Painter, through some windows settings.
Change application properties : Right-click the application .exe, select Properties, select the Compatibility tab > "change high DPI settings",and then select the Override high DPI scaling behavior check box.
You can find more infos here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices-508483cd-7c59-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for getting back to me,

I did that but nothing changed, it is still extremely small (I am using 4k monitors).

Please let me know if there is any other way.

Thanks and regards,

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Unfortunately, there is no other solution. If you do not ignore the window scaling, the only other way to make Painter bigger is to up your scaling within Window's settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leaving this here in case it will help others.
After battling with Painter and Designer Scaling for hours i realized that its only bugged and a problem for me if i start the app from the creative cloud app.. If i just searched for the app itself in windows, started it from there and then pinned it to the taskbar scaling works as it should for me.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's still no way to scale up the UI size on 4K monitors. The UI is way too small. I don't want to use the Windows scaling since then it'll scale up everything else also and I keep having to change it. Please fix this! (I'm using the Steam 2024 version btw)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources