• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Mesh - what's the process?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the process for updating a mesh in SP? 

I have a figure bust, which I'd like to add arms to while keeping the texturing/shading work I've done in SP so far.

Can anyone point me to a step-by-step or guidelines for doing this?

So far, I've added the new geometry, kept the material (in Blender) the same, re-imported in SP using Edit -> Edit Project Configuration, and that seems to work well on the geometry that was already there, but I'm not able to bake mesh maps for new stuff.

Very confused by not knowing what the limitations and considerations are for updating my mesh and can't seem to find a good resource online.

Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks!

r

TOPICS
Baking , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can ask in adobe substance discord, there is active people answering questions, since i think there is no short asnwer for this topic, https://t.co/TwNbSy9D04?amp=1

what you have done can be made if the replaced geometry is the same as the new one, for example if you want to import a new version with modified UV from another software. I just saw a friend do something like what you want, saving the layers as a material and then opening a new scene inserting the new mesh and applying the saved material, you can try that. If this is not what you mean to do, maybe some screenshots will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. I'll head over to Discord now and post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources