• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UV transformation - Offset only goes to 1

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was this basic functionality changed in the Substance 3D Painter? Previously you could continuously adjust the offset, which was great. Now it only goes from -1 to 1 which is not great. If I'm working on a UDIM tile 1028 and drop a fill layer down with a shape in it and I want to move that specifically in the UV window, it's locked in place to UDIM 1001. I can drag it manually in the window, but that's even worse because it doesn't seem to coincide anywhere in the Properties for the fill. If I manually move it, to align to something on my UV tile out on 1026 and decide to make minute tweaks using the Offset slider int he properties, it just resets back to 1001 because the sliders max out at 1 and 1. This is madness.

Every other 3D software uses a UV offset as a limitless float, so why in the world would you change it from that when you had it set up like that in the first place?

TOPICS
Discussion , UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - with UV Wrap set to 'none', any change in the offset controls immediately restricts the offset around UDIM 1001 which does not make sense.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is an excellent observation. I have reported this to the team! I hope we can change this as soon as possible. No ETA, though.

Thank you for your suggestion,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Geoffroy

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources