• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visible seams appearing on metallic channel

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would very much appreciate if someone could explain to me why the following is happening:

I am in the process of covering seams in a model, and have noticed that regardless if I have a layer to cover seams or not, the metallic channel retains the seam. I'm not sure if this is a visual bug, or if there is something I may be missing in the process. I have provided screenshots with the metallic channel on and off:Metallic On.pngMetallic Off.png

I checked all of my baked maps, and have confirmed that none of them are causing the seam, and have also tested multiple materials with the same result. I have also tried increasing the shader quality, which does make it less noticable from a distance, but it's still there.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Hi Geoffroy, thanks for the quick response. I have, but it was still visible but barely. After some experimentation, I think it's just a visual bug that is occuring probably because of the size of the object (the area is about 20mm by 20mm). When exporting back to Blender or 3DSMax, the seams arent visible so it wont cause any issues. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting your shader quality to a higher value?  

PT_ShadingIssue_SeamsVisibleWithLowShaderSetting.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Geoffroy, thanks for the quick response. I have, but it was still visible but barely. After some experimentation, I think it's just a visual bug that is occuring probably because of the size of the object (the area is about 20mm by 20mm). When exporting back to Blender or 3DSMax, the seams arent visible so it wont cause any issues. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources