• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Black Lines, or entire UV sheets that happen again and again, and a saving problem...

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

darkod48892798_0-1639931191285.png

Hello everyone, Ive been too lazy to post this problem that exist for years, but I definitely had enough.
As you can see, I have complete absolute black parts on my objects on this texture set. If I hide the entire material folder they dissapear, but i cannot PICK specific layer that does this, cuz it doesnt exist, I cannot single out the specific layer, cuz there is no layer that causes this. The thing with this problem is:
1. I understand graphic driver and performance issue is possibility, and I have been having this problem until 4months ago on OLD pc, with Radeon R7 250 graphics, and only 8GB of RAM, but I cannot stomach that this issue in even worse form occurs NOW, on my new, Ryzen 7, 32GB, RTX 2060 6GB system
2. I have newest version of Substance Painter, and student licence..In previous version I also had saving problem, where saving label appears in lower right part of SP screen, but it doesnt dissapear, but seems to bugs the save, and sometimes I lost 2h of work, cuz I didnt realize every time I hit save meanwhile, it created 7, 8  "saving project" labels in bottom of my screen, and it DOESNT SAVE THE FILE

I mean whats the point of losing hours of my work, and not being able to export textures cuz of some unexplicable black patches all over my work
I really dont know what to say to my clients for my delays or lost work with tight deadlines, and hours of texture details to be lost cuz of something like this

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm not sure I understand your issues. Could you share a file that causes problems with me? When taking a screenshot, could you share the whole Painter screen? This would allow me to better look out for any issues? 

Have you tried deactivating the Sparse Virtual Texture setting in your Settings (Edit > Settings)? 

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks you very much

Here is the file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Xi-P8KuGRTHbqiFYfsCsQrDT190oU0HO?usp=sharing

darkod48892798_0-1640012520177.png

this is what it looks like now for me, yesterday I fixed issue on another tex set by hiding the fill color named BASE, but now nothing helps, turning off Sparse Virtual Texture solves nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I`m having the same problem you are describing.

Tanghe_0-1658844587381.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking around it seems the problem might be that substance isn`t realy good at figuring out the id islands start.end on my id maps when they look like this

Tanghe_0-1658863387414.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Switched to using materialidmaps generated with houdini and using a high island padding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources