• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird distortion appearing when painting height

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have that problem where I thought I found an older similar post to it but it didnt really help since all the video files etc. have been deleted. 
My problem beein that I am trying to add height to my model by just painting on a paint layer with the default brush and only the height channel. Works no problem, can see it in norm+mesh+height as well looking fine but when I start bluring stuff out with the blur tool preset it still looks fine but over time while painting I end up with a weird distortion of everything that I painted which doesnt make sense to me since its essentially black and white painting. It seems like its recalculating the heights and adding a super ugly effect to it. Also I am painting with tile flow but in this case only on one uv portion.

Felix23753619gy7q_0-1648224633497.pngFelix23753619gy7q_1-1648224665802.png

Felix23753619gy7q_2-1648224737503.png

So what I mean is all those small dots and lines that u can see, that is what appears automatically after some time, I can go ahead and repaint over it to smooth it out but after a bit of painting on a different spot everything else adds this weird effekt again. Pls help

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm not sure which artefact you mean. Could you point it out on one of your screenshots? 

In all probability, you should change your height bit depth.

GeoffroySC_0-1648473544464.png

Thank you,

Kind Regards, 

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources