• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is the content to which i can apply effect?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellow

You can see this phraze in official documentation

"The Effects are a set of various actions that can be applied on the content or the mask of a layer in the layer stack of Substance 3D Painter."

I understand what the mask is and a layer is but what is the content to which i can apply effect?

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

The content is whatever is on the layer (or the mask) to which the filter/effect is being applied.

In the very simple example below the layer contains a ceramic tile material set to a blue colour.

2022-07-31_11-18-09.jpg

An HSL Perceptive filter is then used (added by right clicking on the layer and using Add Filter ) to change the blue to magenta

2022-07-31_11-17-39.jpg

So the effect/filter is acting on the content of the layer which in this case is the tile material

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The content is whatever is on the layer (or the mask) to which the filter/effect is being applied.

In the very simple example below the layer contains a ceramic tile material set to a blue colour.

2022-07-31_11-18-09.jpg

An HSL Perceptive filter is then used (added by right clicking on the layer and using Add Filter ) to change the blue to magenta

2022-07-31_11-17-39.jpg

So the effect/filter is acting on the content of the layer which in this case is the tile material

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources