• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

What Shader for opacity and subsurface scattering? Help please.

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, hope you are having a great day. 

I have textured an old mobile phone model, it has a screen made of a glass material with the opacity channel set. This works using the PBR metal/rough with alpha blending shader. But now im trying to add subsurface scattering to the rubber buttons (on a different texture set) and this shader doesn't allow me to add an SSS channel. I changed the shader to PBR Metal / rough and can now select a SSS channel. I made a SSS material and it is working well. However my glass material for the screen has lost its opacity after changing shader. When i revert back to PBR metal / rough with alpha blending, the SSS doesn't show. Is it possible to have both opacity and SSS channels. Is there another Shader that I should be using for this or another setting that I have missed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any ideas anyone please?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources