• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did my license go?

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a student license for the Substance suite. When I turned on my computer today Substance Launcher started updating my apps but then they don't open. I tried opening the old versions but they are not installed anymore. I then downloaded the new app from Adobe Creative Cloud app but it then doesn't recognize my license. What should I do?

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

I had the same issue. The short story is that you need to migrate your subscription from Substance to Adobe. There are instructions on the main substance site which has now been rebranded: https://www.substance3d.com/. Scroll down and you'll see:

1. Purchase an Adobe Substance 3D Collection or Texturing plan on adobe.com
  2. Download your invoice
  3. Log into your Substance account and “Cancel subscription” in the “Subscription” section.
  4. Download your latest invoice on the “Billing” section of your Substance

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. The short story is that you need to migrate your subscription from Substance to Adobe. There are instructions on the main substance site which has now been rebranded: https://www.substance3d.com/. Scroll down and you'll see:

1. Purchase an Adobe Substance 3D Collection or Texturing plan on adobe.com
  2. Download your invoice
  3. Log into your Substance account and “Cancel subscription” in the “Subscription” section.
  4. Download your latest invoice on the “Billing” section of your Substance account
  5. Send an email to contact@substance3d.com with both your Adobe invoice and your Allegorithmic invoice attached.
  6. The pro-rated amount of your annual subscription will be refunded to your original method of payment within 10 business days.

In another thread, they suggestion that you email contact@substance3d.com before migrating to ensure your existing credits and materials would be transferred over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What this doesn't address is student accounts. Does anyone know if the adobe transition has effectively ended student subscriptions? It seems that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I also have a student account. It would be a shame if Adobe decided that they don't need us to learn how to use their product anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get ready for this-

If you bite the bullet and puchase substance, and use (in my case) your student adobe login that has free institutional creative cloud access, it will add a step to make a personal adobe login that is the same as the institutional login, assign your substance subscription to that, and then....

You won't be able to acutally authorize the apps! Creative cloud on your computer can't switch between institutional and personal versions of the same login, so get ready to spend the rest of your day talking to a support agent to figure it out how to authorize the apps you just purchased.

Stellar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I may have jumped the gun, if you quit every adobe app and then log out of creative cloud, it looks like it DOES actually give you a choice of personal or institutional login. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources