• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

white screen on launch 7.2.2

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, today after one week of vacation I get a white screen when starting SP.
I uninstalled everything even the settings. It worked once! I closed Painter and opened it again, "white screen" crash_handler.exe is running.
I also tried everything I could find here: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/technical-issues-162005746.html

I checked windows health with cmd panel and installed the latest NVIDIA driver, white screen

Designer is working btw
It somehow has to do with a dual monitor setup! When I turn of one monitor in the Nvidia control panel, SP starts. After activating the second monitor again while SP is running it works on both monitors.
When closing and starting SP again, I get white screen.

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/substance-painter-doesn-t-start-on-the-right-gpu-1...

didn't help either

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the bug, after a clean install it works. When moving panels (layers, properties, etc.) to right monitor and I restart the application I get the white screen and nothing happens, crashed. Am I the only person who is using two monitors? currently both are running at the same resolution. I'm working from home via Teradici PCoIP box. Anyway, last week with the same configuration it worked fine. Now, I get a white screen of death

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening SP on one monitor (turned off second monitor in the windows settings) it works, really !?
I find forum threads about this topic quite often in the last years, so frustrating with SP. Please find a solution. It never happened in any other software. Even Substance Desinger is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have the same issue, reported it some time ago in here including a way to reproduce the error and all relevant system files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fixed in 7.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm. I really hope it stays that way. ^.^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unbelievable, one day it was working, and now, nope, white screen again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources