• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why textures are not updating when I hit update button?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I miss?  

ps.  I replaced a texture manually with new version  and hen I hit  update it brings preciouse one back . I am lost. 

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give a little more information of the exact process you have used, so I can try and replicate it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Could you please give more information about your issue?

Are you referring to the resource updater, a fill layer or a bake?

What version of Painter are you using? 

I appreciate your help,

Kind Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's Painter 2022.    I imported a model  and put a fill layer with  dropped in   diffuse/color textures ( a fence net). Switched shader to alpha blend , added opasity channel. Set an ancor.  

Made another  fill layer with  opacity chanel link to first layer ancor: base color/ectract alpha.  It's set.

Now I want to make ropes over this fence net.   Since SPainter has no tools for that  I drawn ropes in  vector soft into same initial texture.       Now I want to update it in SPainter .   I hit update button and in opened window>update all . Nothing happens. 

Ok.  I dropped to the shelves  the same updated texture one more time . Then drop it again into layer 1 diffuse. Evrything is fine.   Then I want to do one more touch in vector soft, save and want to update the texture in SPainter again.   The net texture switches to the first original one without any trace of ropes.  😞

I certanly remember I did it just fine  in previouce versions somehow.   Although I haven't used SPainter much  so perhaps I forgot something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources