• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 8.1 compatibility

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with Adobe Substance3D Painter ver 7.3.0-1272 using the remainder of my Allegorithmic license. Now that I've transitioned to the Creative Cloud launcher, it says this software version is not compatible with Windows 8.1 and I'm blocked from installing it.

On the CC website, I was given the option to install a trial ver 7.1.1. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a project, and substance scene files are not backward compatible.

I'm curious if there's a work around for this since it seems to be a superficial compatibility rule in the CC App. Especially considering I was just running the software on this machine 2 days ago.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for reading...

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick followup: I just tested the Steam version of 7.4 and it installs and runs fine on Windows 8.1.

It would appear that the CC launcher is running a simple OS check and is arbitrarily blocking the installation of software that is othwise compaitble. Is there a way to install Painter without CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The minimum specification for Painter has been Windows 10 for the past year.

The app is not tested on that system so although it may work now, it may stop working or malfunction at any time in the future.

To avoid bad user experiences and technical issues, CC actively restricts the installation to supported OS.

Unfortunately, the only solution to use the CC version is to update your OS (to Windows 11 ideally), this will also minimize potential driver issues you may encounter with older versions of Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you also use colour managed CC applications such as Photoshop you may want to delay moving direct to Windows 11 at the moment. There is a well documented, and acknowledged, colour management issue affecting the use of monitor profiles in Windows 11. It only affects some colour managed applications depending on which functions they call to get the system monitor information. Windows 10 is fine.  Microsoft have a fix  in their Preview build of Windows 11 , but not yet in the general release.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources