• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zooming into object closely

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am noticing with some scenes I am working on in Painter, that I cannot zoom in to objects very closely which is making it hard to paint.  Is there a max zoom in option? I havent found one but I am not sure why I cannot get right up close and personal with my objs's. Any ideas or settings to make this work?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been sitting here for a year, but I have the same issue. How do I adjust the camera constraints in Substance Painter? I also often have trouble getting close enough to my model in the 3D viewport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached out to Adobe directly and they say there's currently no way to control this setting. It is locked to a set distance.
"There is no direct option for the setting you're looking for in Substance Painter. "

The only way I can get past this is by hovering over a part of my mesh that's furthur in the distance, zooming into that, and angling the camera to look at a part of my mesh that's in the foreground.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @GottaScrollFast,

Thanks for bringing up this issue.

To be honest, I've never had problem zooming, but obviously it's not because I didn't face it that the issue doesn't exist. Therefore, could you send me examples of this zooming issue (videos or gif), so I can clearly communicate with the team how this is an issue.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can test it yourself. Zoom into any mesh. At some point it will stop and you will not be able to zoom in anymore. There's currently no option for controlling/setting what the stopping distance is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera currently stops zooming once you reach a certain distance from your mesh. This hard-coded stopping point is sometimes inefficient for detail work. Most 3D software give users control over this setting, we should have access to it in SP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources