Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop + 3D Painter combination

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Since Substance Painter came to 3d artists hands it has always been a desirable feature for every texture artist to have an ability of sending current work into Photoshop and get it back to Painter.
Why? -Because Photoshop has its unique brushing ecosystem which has became native and habital for many handpainting texture artists. 
So I assume 3d artists don't expect a full layers stack interoperability between Photoshop and Painter because functionality are too different. 
But if we could send to Photoshop and pick back some specific basic color layers, as a projection or as flat layers method, it would be super helpful and game-changing!

Idea Declined
TOPICS
Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Hi @feddark,

Sorry that we missed your message back then. We're currently reworking the "Idea" section of the forum to have a better view on users needs.

Unfortunately, having the ability to send resources back and forth between Painter and Photoshop doesn't seem like something doable in the current state.

I could have set the status to "Under Review" because I can't 100% guarantee it will never be in the application, but it seems more honest to say this suggestion is Declined.

Regards,

Status Declined

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @feddark,

Sorry that we missed your message back then. We're currently reworking the "Idea" section of the forum to have a better view on users needs.

Unfortunately, having the ability to send resources back and forth between Painter and Photoshop doesn't seem like something doable in the current state.

I could have set the status to "Under Review" because I can't 100% guarantee it will never be in the application, but it seems more honest to say this suggestion is Declined.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe
Status Declined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources