• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scale import

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am on a project and I have a problem of scale that I cannot solve.
When I export my file in fbx format with unit 1: 1 cm, and I then apply a texture via substance painter, the texture is huge (x1000) and if I reduce it, it is unreadable.
I changed the scale units under Cinema 4D, the object, under substance, nothing helps the result is always the same. You can see the original file c4d and result texture in substance
Could someone give me a solution please. Thank you in advance.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Automatic UV unwrapping , Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use C4D but sometimes hit a similar issue when using Blender and texturing large ground areas.

If you try and texture the entire land with one tile then you are limited to 4k or 8k which may still not be enough to hold the detail required if you move in close.

In those cases I texture a single square tile and use mapping in Blender to repeat it across the entire surface. That way the finer detail is retained when viewed close. To avoid repeating patterns when viewed at a distance, there are some additional steps such as using a few variations rather than a single tile and randomly mapping them, as well as blending the edges to take the eye off any repeating patterns.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources