• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The available to live sync PSD and it’s layer?

Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it is possible to live link a psd file and it's layer, so I could sometimes open photoshop to edit something with pen tool and other other tools from photoshop, and then coming back to Substance with all the layers reserved. Just like how cinema 4D can use psd as a saving/loading  file type. Since these two software are under a single company I think that might me possible? I only use Substance Painter to hand paint textures so the non-destructivenesses is not something I need, so if there are some technical limitations to make the psd non-destructive and there will be warning about this I am 100% with it.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Hi it is in the backlog but no ETA, Sampler already offers the possibility to edit the current work in Photoshop but not yet in Painter, it should come at some point.
Thanks for the feature request and idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi it is in the backlog but no ETA, Sampler already offers the possibility to edit the current work in Photoshop but not yet in Painter, it should come at some point.
Thanks for the feature request and idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources