• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Material instance instead of material

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just started looking into using the Substance plugin for UE4, and ran into a problem when following this tutorial: https://substance3d.adobe.com/tutorials/courses/substance-in-unreal-engine-4/youtube-2qU4rJGQp8A

In the tutorial a material is created upon import, but when I follow the same method, I get a Material Instance instead, meaning I cannot open it in the Material Editor Graph. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

TOPICS
Question , UE4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Hi, found a solution for my own problem. If anyone else is struggling check this: https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=35904.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @Catja5C5C! Glad you were able to find the solution! I will include the details from the prior forum post you linked above:

The plugin was refactored in 2020 (starting with v. 4.24.0.3) which included support for material instancing and introduced a new material template workflow - however you are able to still edit the material.

If you click the "Generate" checkbox on the import dialogue for an imported .sbsar it will give you both the material instance and the template material (where you

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, found a solution for my own problem. If anyone else is struggling check this: https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=35904.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Catja5C5C! Glad you were able to find the solution! I will include the details from the prior forum post you linked above:

The plugin was refactored in 2020 (starting with v. 4.24.0.3) which included support for material instancing and introduced a new material template workflow - however you are able to still edit the material.

If you click the "Generate" checkbox on the import dialogue for an imported .sbsar it will give you both the material instance and the template material (where you can edit the material using the Material Editor). 

Substance Import Options (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions