• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unreal 5.1 support

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The unreal plug in isn't compatible in 5.1, when can we expect a working version of the plug in? 

TOPICS
Question , UE4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, the 5.1 compatible update has gone live on the marketplace. Let us know if you are able to download sucessfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @buddhikaj26572109 , currently the add on does not support embedded presets, such as those that would be created within Substance Designer. However, .sbsprs preset files expoted from Designer and other apps can be imported via the graph instance menu within UE5 to apply those preset settings to your material. You should be also be able to export presets within UE5 as .sbsprs files to save your presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We currently don't support embedded presets in the Unreal engine plugin but it is on our roadmap and we hope to add this support soon. 

Could you please describe your current workflow for presets? This will help prioritize on our end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 🙂 
Thanks for the support.
I installed unreal engine 5.1.1 today and the plugin too.
It was working fairly well for me with 5.0
But since I did this update, the editor crashs almost 100% of the time when I reimport a sbsar....
It kills my productivity 😞 
I'm about to switch back to the good old 2D textures being imported the classic way to be able to keep working....
Are you aware of this problem? 🙂
Here is the start of the crash report I have:
Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000020
Thanks so much for your help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @floriand69594926, we're actually aware of a similar issue in 4.27, but have not been able to reproduce it on our end. Could you share the sbsar file you used that cuased the issue crash? Any other info you could provide would be helpful as well, such as: step-by-step instructions, system info, complete crash logs, sbsar used, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Thank you very much for the very quick answer and support! 🙂
Can I share those files and info via email with you? As it's a commercial project, I prefer not to share them here if possible 🙂
Have a nice ay and thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! I just send a DM to follow up on the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions