• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance materials in 3ds Max with Redshift IPR render

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never been able to use Substances inside of 3ds Max with the Redshift renderer and IPR correctly.  Your documentation says it's supported but it does not work and the Redshift developers claim in their forum that they are waiting for Substance developers to make the next move.

https://www.redshift3d.com/forums/viewthread/26393/

Please fix this!

TOPICS
Autodesk 3ds Max , Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Hi @Adrian5C0B! Updates for Redshift support is in our backlog but we do not have a timeline in place at the moment.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Any news? I've just downloaded the latest build for 3dsmax substance painter (2.40.10) and when i convert a sbs for redshift it gives the following error: the Map Substance2Output is not supported by redshift.
Is there a solution or really is not still supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adrian5C0B Apologies, it looks like we missed your post! I don't have an answer at this moment but will follow up with you as soon as the team reviews it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Adrian5C0B! Updates for Redshift support is in our backlog but we do not have a timeline in place at the moment.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm the lead developer for the Redshift plugin.  I was in contact with Galen Helfter regarding this integration, and then he dropped right off the radar and has not been responding to my emails.  I decided to check your forums, suspecting that perhaps he no longer works at Adobe.

There are numerous problems with Substance that make the experience for Redshift quite painful for customers, not just the lack of IPR support.

Galen and I had worked out a basic prototype to address these problems almost a year ago before I lost contact.  I'm willing to be flexible in establishing a practical approach for collaborating on this stuff, but some reciprocation is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoff, thanks for joining this post.  I've seen your posts on the Redshift forums previously, hopefully someone at Adobe picks up the ball on this one...  I'm not holding my breath.  In the meantime, I've written myself some scripts to deal with this issue, It's not pretty but it gets the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rsGeoff I apologize to you and to the community for the delay there. We hit some reprioritizations across the past year, especially with the monumental effort required to make the Blender plugin happen, so we're just now being able to address some of this going forward now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while and it's kind is disapointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Allan Portilho 
This is currently on our Roadmap and we hope to add it soon. Please stay tuned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do keep me in the loop and don't hesitate to reach out when you begin refining the plan. The Redshift 3ds Max plugin is undergoing internal changes to its scene translator, and it will be crucial for you to synchronize with me on the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's good to know. Could you please direct message me your details? It's the perfect time to initiate discussions on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, thank you! 🙂 Looking forward to collaborating with you folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this. Nobody has made contact yet, and to my knowledge no licenses have been requested.

A license will be of little use anyway, until I can sit down with your engineers and make a plan (again) for tighter integration. The MAXScript stuff that you currently use to hack support is not sufficient, and causes other problems. I need to expose C++ interfaces for you.

It's now over three years since I connected with Galen. We came up with a practical design and a working prototype. It was pretty close! That work will need to be revised, but is not complicated. The most difficult part seems to be getting you folk engaged at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rsGeoff, sorry it took us a while to get Redshift licenses internally. However, we have recently made significant progress and will be able to start investigating into this. Would there be a convenient time for us to meet with you and your team to discuss the progress made in the past project and define next steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good, thanks for making the time!

To simplify scheduling, any time between 6am and midnight NZST (UTC+12) works for me, excluding public holidays and weekends. That gives some overlap with normal working hours anywhere else on the planet.

Please reach out via email to nominate a couple of suitable times, and we can lock something in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? I've just downloaded the latest build for 3dsmax substance painter (2.40.10) and when i convert a sbs for redshift it gives the following error: the Map Substance2Output is not supported by redshift.
Is there a solution or really is not still supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The support for the Redshift renderer is not available yet. However, we have an upcoming release with several updates. Adding this support is on our roadmap, and we aim to prioritize it in the near future. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions