• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Maya Plugin - Color Management

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, been trying to use Substance Maya plugin in 2020. Using Vray - Next. 

But ran into a few problems upon importing the sbar. 

Firstly, i'm using a specific color transform (sRGB (ACES)), and whilst this isn't a problem for textures, since I convert them over to a utility sRGB texture color space automatically using the colour space rules, the substance plugin however gets confused and freaks out. 

I import the sbar fine, click on the node in the hypershade, and create a base color output. This is where it fails. The imported file is pink, and for the life of me I have no idea why. It imports the file with a sRGB color space, something that my custom OCIO config doesn't support since I have a custom one, but that isn't the problem, since if there's no specific color space to apply then it will just default. 

The issue lies between importing the texture and creating a link to the material itself. I've included some pictures to illustrate whats going on. Does anyone else use a color space like ACES with the Maya Plugin and have no issues? If so, I would like to know what I'm doing wrong here. 

Perhaps I need to do some pre-conversion for the color transform in designer before I export to sBAR? I don't even know if that will work or would apply here. 

For now I'll continue to create everything manually. It's not too much of a hassle for me, but it would be nice if these things worked. 

TOPICS
Autodesk Maya , Bugs & Crashes , Discussion , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fire Noodle Apologies, it looks like we missed your post! I don't have an answer at this moment but will follow up with you as soon as the team reviews it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fire Noodle Is it possible for you to provide the sbsar file and your ocio config?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

happens on all .sbsar files. but I zipped it nevertheless. 

included the ocio config. 

I cant upload zipped files for some reason, so i'll upload to google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GOUmX0D8AaFlwL1nr3eMZcomG9OJY05u/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions