Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable sync for projects

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How does this *(sig)* cloud sync work? Is it only for software sources and updates or for our projects as well?

From what I know I've not activated any "project" sync with the cloud but my current project is lost and a two weeks old project is back.  Old project I had deleted on my computer (both in .alg_meta and .materials). How comes it's back?

Since I'm working alone, I don't need sync at all (and neither want it).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Are you speaking of Creative Cloud?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

No, from what I understand Substance Suite is not "Creative Cloud" (I don't have photoshop and so). As previously said, I was working with Substance Sampler  and all my work didn't update and I ended with a two weeks old work back; though I deleted these old files on my computer. It's similar to my previous other problem when two independant files ended sync when I don't want them to be sync. Since I deleted "by hand" my old files, I can't understand how they came back apart from a cloud sync that I don't need and don't want (because of these kind of sync problems that always happen. These kind of problems already happen on local networks, it's only worse online).

Never mind, I've created everything back with a brand new name.

But we really really need a way to differenciate "cloud" as software update from cloud as "workflow". I don't need "cloud", as workflow, at all. So, currently, I just wish to be absolutly sure all kind for cloud sync workflow are disabled, as well as a way to totally unsync files. Using the same "values" (for example for embroidery) and then to duplicate file doesn't mean we want the files and content to be sync.

And as other bugs, from time to time, when I launch Substance Sampler, it gives a warning about old files format that makes no sense at all (as if I was trying to open old files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines