• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send to... grayed out.

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to send to Substance 3d Painter it is grayed out and says please install Substance Painter.  It is clearly installed.  Can I specify a path somewhere?

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Be sure to install and use up-to-date versions with an Adobe license and not a substance3d.com license.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Hi,

from where do you install your softwares? Creative Cloud? Substance3D.com? Steam?
The send to is available only with the Creative Cloud (Adobe license).

If you install your softwares from Substance3d.com (substance license) or Steam the send to is not available.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reinstall Sampler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Make sure you have the latest version of painter installed.
If the problem persist, could you share your log file?
https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/sadoc/exporting-the-log-file-188974570.html

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to install and use up-to-date versions with an Adobe license and not a substance3d.com license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem. I just reinstalled all of my adobe software today on a brand hew hard drive, running all updates. The EXPORT button in Sampler is also greyed out. 

I read above not to use a substance license, but an Adobe license to update. @Baptiste_Substance_3D Could you please explain this, I'm not understanding?

I do want to include, that I have student licenses for all of my Adobe and Substance software. I do have a specific license for Designer, Painter, &  Sampler on my Substance account, that is not present on my Adobe account. I can only download the student version from the Substance website. The student version does not appear to be available from the Adobe site iteself. How and where do I specify which license is used to update a software?

I do have Designer, Painter, and Sampler all installed, and up to date. Current version as of 1/15/2022 at 1:43PM EST.

I've never used Sampler before today, and I can only SAVE AS .sbs. I do have the >Share button which leads to the Export settings. But the Export button itself is greyed out.

In the end, I'm just trying to get a texture in Painter. I couldn't figure out how to get the .sbs file into Painter, so I assumed only .sbsar could be imported into Painter. 

I've only used Painter a handful of times, so I am a relative beginner. I appreciate your patience.

I am running Windows 11 on a Dell XPS 9510 - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900H @ 2.50GHz - 32.0G DDR4 - NVIDA GeFOrce RTX 3050Ti 4G GDDR6 - 1TB M.2 SSD. 

Thank You, I appreciate your time. 

adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to update that I have figure out why the EXPORT was greyed out, but I still do not have the option to share to Painter. I'm wondering if it has to do with the student license. 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

from where do you install your softwares? Creative Cloud? Substance3D.com? Steam?
The send to is available only with the Creative Cloud (Adobe license).

If you install your softwares from Substance3d.com (substance license) or Steam the send to is not available.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines