• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video import for sampler

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am somewhat new to the program, I am trying to import a video that I took from the character edit screen from a video game, this is for personal use, I intend to 3d print my character for myself, however the pictures I am taking to create the 3d model are not aligning properly despite a consistent lighting in the background and no change in camera distance. If it is possible to upload a video to sampler and create the model from a video I would like to see if it comes out better. I have a good video but it is not coming up as an option to upload into sampler, is there a specific file type that my video needs to be converted to or is there another application I need to use?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Just so you know, the 3D Capture (beta) wasn't intended to be used with virtual pictures, so the result might not be 100% consistent.

Currently, you cannot import a video into Substance 3D Sampler. However, you might consider using Premiere Pro or any other video editing software to export the video as an image sequence.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have made some attempt to create 3D captures from the image sequences of simple rotation animation in Stager and  also try to export some other videos to image sequences via Adobe Media Encoder and use it as images for Sampler Capture. Unfortunately it not easy as object in video need to be stay on it place (rotation) and depend on Camera position (field of view). So you need to try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines