• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask upscaling region and blur

Advisor ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance Sampler 4.2 has a new feature for linear upscaling. Although I would like to see the option of only upscaling a masked region that and the option of removing blur from areas of an image which typically is done using upscaling.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hello @StrongBeaver,

Just to be clear, the new feature coming with 4.2.0 isn't a linear upscaling, but an AI upscaling, which is usually a lot more useful.

That being said, it isn't possible to upscale only specific parts of a texture. Basically, the upscale allows to grow a bitmap to a bigger resolution (e.g. 1024 to 2048). Therefore, you can't take a specific part of the map and increase its pixels, because it would break the entire resolution size.

However, I guess you would like some s

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @StrongBeaver,

Just to be clear, the new feature coming with 4.2.0 isn't a linear upscaling, but an AI upscaling, which is usually a lot more useful.

That being said, it isn't possible to upscale only specific parts of a texture. Basically, the upscale allows to grow a bitmap to a bigger resolution (e.g. 1024 to 2048). Therefore, you can't take a specific part of the map and increase its pixels, because it would break the entire resolution size.

However, I guess you would like some sort of enhancement filter, which is an interesting idea. For now, you can simply use the Content-Aware fill in order to replace the blurry parts of your map, or a Sharpen layer with a painted mask.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate