• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with imported mesh from Painter to Stager

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First i thought i have only a problem with the Update of Painter 8.1.1 because materials placed on mesh looks destroyed. But now i realize ive also a problem with the Update of Stager 1.2.2. 

Different from the previous version, when i place material like wood on the imported mesh (fbx), the mesh just gets a color but no structure. Also from Painter imported mesh is corrupted.

I am working with M1 MBP 16GB Ram.

Is there any help except downgrading Stager back to 1.1.2 and also Painter from 8.1.1 to 7.4.3?

Ive alresdy posted requests in Painter support bec i cant work in it also.

I am happy for any help

Laasscreenshot painter example.jpgscreenshot stager example.jpg

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm going to test this on my MBP M1 max.
All just after the update, i'm right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent the whole day on testing different Versions... What i can say for sure is painter 8.1.1 doesnt work well on my M1 MBP, but version 7.4.3 works as it should.

I discovered also that Stager has a problem to place Material onto some imported fbx files except i go the way through Painter. Importing fbx directly in stager 1.1.2 i had different relults. FBX from Adobe/Substance assets worked well with placed Material. FBX-meshes made in Cheetah 3D imported in Stager showed only color. Same file imported as OBJ worked well. After w whole day of trying all my FBX files will be sent from Painter 7.4.3 to Stager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all this infos.I did the test on my Mac Pro intel and my MBP M1 Max and all is working fine.

I think the best is to try a new installation of stager and painter.

1 - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to cleanup Painter & Stager

2 - re install stager and painter

3 - the creative cloud cleaner tool : https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Tell us if it's better for you or the issues are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! I did it as descripted... Unfortunately after installing Painter 8.1.1 the same - i couldnt place Material on imported fbx in Painter. So again downgrading to 7.4.3 because i want to be able to work with my own fbx files.... its a pity

At the moment i will try to prepare all my fbx files in Painter and then to send them to Stager. I wonder if i am the only one with this experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i'm going to try tu find answers for you 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laas,

I'm Michelle, the QA technical artist for the Stager team.
Sorry you are running into problems, and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.
If you don't mind, could you send a copy of your Stager scene you have in your photo?
I can pass it onto the team and have them look into the issue you're running into.

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again after a while!

In the meantime i was using Painter 7.4.3 to go on working with my Meshes (FBX-Files made in Cheetah3D for Mac)

No Problem with imported FBX from Cheetah3D - just easily i could place materials on the mesh ...

But i dont like to use the old version of Painter (7.4.3) with my M1 Macbook Pro. As i saw that there is a newer update to Painter 8.1.3, i thought this could solve my problem

I updated to this latest Version and again the sam old Problem:

I can´t place a Material on my mesh (FBX-File from Cheetah 3D) which was possible with 7.4.3 - i just see the main color of the material! The 2D view just shows a grey square then.Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-02 um 23.17.05.png

When i try an OBJ-File with the same mesh (from Cheetah 3D) it works fine. 

The mesh i tried was just a simple cube.

If you want, i can send you the FBX-File and the OBJ-File for comparison...

I need a solution. What can i do to avoid downgrading or nor using fbx-Files anymore?

Thank you for any help!

Laas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources