• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution input box missing on Render page

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built a new computer with an Nvidia GEForce RTX 3070 and Windows 11, using Stager v1.3.1. When I open Stager on my MacBook (basic GPU), there is an option on the Render page to change the resolution of the PSD output, just above where you input the desired file name on the righthand side. However, when I go to render on my PC with the Nvidia card, that option is missing, and it doesn't return when I switch off GPU rendering. The only option is to change the viewport, filename, export formats, and save-to location. Currently, I can only render at 72 dpi, which it seems to be set to automatically is not great for any professional work I might do.

Is there some setting I need to adjust in my Nvidia control panel that will bring back the option for changing dpi of the PSD output file? Maybe in the settings for Stager itself? 

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That 72ppi is arbitrary in the sense that the actual resolution, meaning the number of pixels in teh document is set in the camera properties: Output size.

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 10.37.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-08 at 10.47.50 AM.png

For example, in my screenshot I have selected the camera from the scene list and set the output size to 4,096 x 2,736. the 72 dpi (or ppi) really only pertains to the final output device, meaning that you can easily change that in an image editing software like photoshop to 300 ppi (just dont select "resample", or it will actually resize the image to different pixel dimensions). It simply changes teh output size: In my case the 4,096 x 2,736 at 72ppi would print 58.89" x 38", but if I change the ppi without resampling to 300ppi, it would print at 13.65" x 9.12" and be sharp enough for high quality printing. Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David, I do understand this and can do this if needed, but it seems a bit of a hassle and risk losing resolution in some instances. I'm typically making covers for online journals (almost never for print), which require a specific dimension size and usually 300 dpi. It would be much easier if I could just input these parameters from the initial render rather than fussing with resizing after the fact. 

Ultimately this also doesn't answer my question as to why the option is there on my Macbook but not on my new PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That I cant really address, other than to say that it is not there on 1.3.1 on my M1 mac either. Is your mac on 1.3.1 as well?Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.15.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's the same version on both computers. My guess is it has to do with the GPU and/or GPU settings. Your M1 is going to have a much better card than my Macbook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources