• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Better controls of lights casting shadow and glass color?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello experts,

I am trying to get the result as below in Stager:

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 5.53.59 PM.png

2 aspects I don't know how to achieve in Stager:

Firstly, as you can see, the light is casting the purple color of the glass bottle on the ground. I've tried to play with the glass material but can not get this result, Kindly any hints on how to achieve this?

Secondly, I found that when we set up multiple lights for a better lighting result for the bottle, it is no way to control which light can cast the shadow. What's more, all lights are brightening certain areas of the ground surface (no matter whether it is the "group" in Stager or it is an object), and it is an unwanted "side effect" to the final result. Are there any ways in Stager that enable us to control surfaces receiving lights or not as we do in MAYA? Or are there any specific methods we can use in Stager?

Looking forward to suggestions...

Thanks a lot in advance! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ares, I've played with Absorption section and it gave the perfect result of casting glass color to the ground!

But how about controlling the lights? for example, if I have 4 lights for the product in total, but I only need one for the ground object to avoid brightening the ground too much, also hoping casting a shadow from only one direction, how to achieve this? Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMHO you have to add different light and customize each of them separately. You can change their position, intensity etc and try to achieve final expected result. 

Screenshot 2022-07-08 234505.pngScreenshot 2022-07-08 234437.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources