Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud

Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Please tell me, if I understand correctly, new applications are not included in the Creative Cloud plan?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

The Substance 3D Apps are exclusive to the Substance 3D Collection plan - they are not included in Creative Cloud plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am somewhat annoyed by that change too, because we used to have Dimension, which is now Stager (basicly the same App with a few changes).

There is however no way to install Dimension on a new machine it seems and if I want to have Stager I need to add another subscription 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug on CC Desktop that is perhaps not showing Dimension correctly - I've reported it to the team who is investigating.  The other reason Dimension may not show up is if you're on an Apple Silicon M1 device, which Dimension and Stager are not supported for yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is clearly a bug... I got someone from the Dimension Team to send me the dmg to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we have that should we not get all the Substance tools or do I need another Abo ?

It says all Apps afterall ?

Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 11.57.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't understand why Substance was added to the Creative Cloud tariff if you need to buy them separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry can you provide more context for this comment?  Creative Cloud plans and Substance 3D plans should be completely separate with no impact to eachothers pricing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing OP is reffering to the Substance suit (Painter, Designer and Alchemist) previously being a part of a different subscription. So, now that they were added, my guess is, a lot of people, myself included thought that they will be part of the original Creative Cloud package. Instead, what had happened was they got their icons changed, the names are now preficed with "Adobe" and had an entirely new package created for them.

So, my question is why bother?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Substance 3D Apps are exclusive to the Substance 3D Collection plan - they are not included in Creative Cloud plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree on the Substance Apps but not on Stager... which is clearly made by the Dimension Team and includes a lot of features some Dimension users requested. 

Having played with both today, I think Stager should simply replace Dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally agree too. It's basically Dimension v2 with many issues fixed, better rendering options, or some of the features added we asked for in the early days. I have no need for the other Substance 3D packages. Still, I can see how useful and potentially game-changing they would be for 3D artists and agree the complexity and functionality of those apps warrants a separate subscription. Stager though should just replace Dimension in my opinion. Or if they still insist on it being a separate subscription, it should be available as a standalone app at a much reduced price than the $50 or so a month for them all.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Substance is not included in the Creative Cloud plan, why are they part of our plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not... Stager to me is just a rebranded Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any newsletters we can sign up for to get notifed about the M1 compatibilities? I don't have twitter or anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that would be great, like a mailing list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can request features on our User Voice site and then if you vote on an idea you can subscribe to get updates when we have shipped it!

https://feedback.substance3d.adobe.com/forums/936174-substance-3d-stager

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel a more dedicated plan should be able to be downgraded to for users on the All Apps plan.  The proposal I have for this is listed as follows:

After Effects
Audition

Dreamweaver
Illustrator
Photoshop
Premiere Pro
Substance 3D Designer
Substance 3D Modeler
Substance 3D Painter
Substance 3D Sampler
Substance 3D Stager
XD

Also includes 50GB of cloud storage, Bridge, Lightroom Classic, Prelude, Media Encoder, Adobe Fonts, Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Spark, and access to the latest features and updates, as released.

This would, therefore, enable Freelancers to make game/TV/movie projects without the clutter of other, unecessary apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources