• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displacement button greyed out

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some objects in my scene I applied a height map to and activated displacement. Now I cant seem to deactivate - or reactivate - this setting on these objects, the button is greyed out. Why?

TOPICS
Materials , Models

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised nobody from Adobe is interested, surely if it's a bug you'll want to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ClausJ,

Sorry I missed your message.

Have you an Height input in the Material panel?

Height Input.png

If not, the Displacement will be greyed out.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Cyril,

I messing with it and there is certainly something strange. Right now I the height slider is greyed out whenever there is a height map attached, see screencap.

For the original problem I can remove the height map and click on and off the displacement radio button under the object properties, but only in preview render mode. As soon as I turn to raytrace the radio button greys out. The inverse happens if I reattach a height map, in preview render mode the radio button is grey and can only be activated if raytrace render has been on.

In the attached video I have removed the height map from the material while working in preview mode. Notice that right after the displacement button is selectable until I hit Raytrace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing.

I think we possibly have a bug regarding the Displacement button availability, but from what I've checked, the height behavior isn't impacted.

The Height slider should be greyed out when adding an input, because the Height is driven by the input. However, consequently, I admit not being sure when this slider is useful.

Let me dig into the issue, and I'll come back to you as soon as I can give you a proper answer.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Cyril,

looking forward to the answer.

Claus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources