• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export png without background

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to do an export from the substance Stage without a background. I know we can choose between psd and png but still png comes with viewport background. Is there a trick that I don't know about to export only the shape (light, shadow, textures...) ?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Rendering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

As I am aware no. PSD is the only way. Sometime I use Adobe Painter for transparent background. You can open your file in Painter after exporting from Stager.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am aware no. PSD is the only way. Sometime I use Adobe Painter for transparent background. You can open your file in Painter after exporting from Stager.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, nice. I'm really going to try this. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey good news. To all mortals like me who want to export their 3D creations from substance stager without a background color it is possible! For this you need to export as PSD and not use a model as a color base. Just use a color as a background and that background will appear as a layer in Photoshop. You can delete or edit the color of this background. From there you can export a png with or without background color. Yessss!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you use an image background, it is still rendered out as a separate layer in the PSD and can be deleted or edited just like the default color background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes exactly! When I said background can be *a color or an image*. The fact
is that using the background option is not the only way to create a scene. We
can use a *physical backdrop *for example built in Stager or imported from
Illustrator. In that case when the "physical background" is not editable in
photoshop with a layer. It becomes part of the image. Voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources