Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting OBJ from Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When i export an OBJ from illustrator and import it into stager, the model is spread out all over the canvas. Why is that and how can i bring it in so it reflects the shape that i had created in illustrator? The top image is before i export and the bottom is the model placed in stagerScreen Shot 2022-10-06 at 2.18.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-06 at 2.19.03 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @matthews78173352! When the object was exported from Illustrator, were the letters grouped together? Are you able to preview the model before importing it into Stager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they were grouped together. It seems if the objects are connected they import properly, but if they’re separate and still grouped together, it spreads out the models when imported.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share Ai file via cloud to test it? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources