• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi there, are 3D Stager save files self contained?

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setting up a scene to render on my iMac in my office, but the high resolution render keeps crashing after a couple of hours (and Stager 3D doesn't seem to have a recover/resume function).

If I want to send the scene down to my beefier Windows machine in the basement (to maybe even render on the GPU if it's supported), is the save file all I need if I have imported models/textures/materials in the scene? Or do I need the whole folder hierarchy to be reproduced with all of my imported stuff in it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exported GLTF file have include folder and 3d object with all environment and materials properties. Try to import it in Win, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file is self-contained, with no external links to placed decals, models, etc.. It should open just fine in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources