• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to simulate studio lighting reflection on glass bottle?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello experts,

I am working on a project that uses substance family to somehow replace cosmetic products' studio photography. 

I am wondering how to create or simulate reflection on a glass bottle that we usually see in cosmetic product ADs (please see attached image for example).

I've tried out area light but it's reflected but casting too much light to the scene;

I've also tried to apply emissive material to a plane but hardly find the reflection of it on the glass objects...

Or should I work more on the material? Does anyone have a similar experience that can share with you?

Any suggestions and tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

example of the expected result:

1.jpeg2.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

What I can suggest is to use studio light (cameras) from lights assets and choose correct material for your object Screenshot 2022-07-03 212309.png.Also please review material guide to understand how their properties works. Adobe Standard Material | Substance 3D Sampler

Try to use Interior that allow to manage translucency 

After exporting studio light you need to turn it separate camera and unlock for managing that scene. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I can suggest is to use studio light (cameras) from lights assets and choose correct material for your object Screenshot 2022-07-03 212309.png.Also please review material guide to understand how their properties works. Adobe Standard Material | Substance 3D Sampler

Try to use Interior that allow to manage translucency 

After exporting studio light you need to turn it separate camera and unlock for managing that scene. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ares, Thanks for your professional advice! I've tried "Interior" and it works just fine. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources