• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I canceled a render and I lost my project - app still responding

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started doing a render and then canceled it. I then switched back to the "design" tab right afterwards, and now nothing shows in the veiwport. I also cannot make any changes to anything in the scene box on the right. The app is still responding, buttons change colour when I hover over them, and I still get hover text. I can open the assets window, but when I tried to add something it brought up the loading window (without a percent-completed, and the cancel button greyed out). The loading window won't go away.

I am reluctant to close the app as I have a lot of unsaved work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

This sounds like perhaps a core crash (the internal workings of the application) while the front end process (that drives the UI) did not crash.  This is unusual for the app to not detect what happened, but sadly I don't think there's any way to recover the work as the app has essentially crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Now that I have tried to add the object and it says "loading", nothing works. It is acting like it is not responding, except the loading bar still moves, and the file, edit, camera, etc. tabs at the top still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to reinstall app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No because I was wondering if there was something I could do without closing it. As I said above, I am hoping not to lose my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like perhaps a core crash (the internal workings of the application) while the front end process (that drives the UI) did not crash.  This is unusual for the app to not detect what happened, but sadly I don't think there's any way to recover the work as the app has essentially crashed.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I ended up trying to close it, and finding it wouldn't. I had to force close it through task manager. I redid my progeress and the renders worked more or less. There has been one other time that it has a had the same problem, luckily this time I had saved. Everthing stopped working and I had to force quit.

I also had a problem where the app (partially) stopped working after I tried to render multiple camera veiws in a list. It rendered the first one and then just said estimating for a long time for the second one. Normally a render takes 2-5 mins, but it had been over half an hour.

I also had a rendering problem where there was a blank square in a render. It showed up in the render mode window and in the exported photo. This has not happened again.

Could these problems be caused by the fact I am using a laptop for this? It is pretty good specs, and the program has not frozen or anything outside of the app malfunctioning. The only laggyness I have seen is when I tried to use a material on max resolution. I can try in a few days on my desktop pc, but it has worse specs and is older.

Is the app still in beta or something, because there really shouldnt be this many problems on a finished and released app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have had a few other times I have had to close it because it has stopped working during rendering. I am now careful to save before I render, even if it is minor lighting or camera adjustments, because I often have to close or force quit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that it's because it's a laptop. I have a speced out desktop (10 core i9, Radion 5700 and 128gig ram) and I have found Stager to pretty unstable compared to Adobe Dimensions. It crashes so much I have stopped using it because even though I am paying a good amount for the monthly, until they can release some bug fixes, I can't afford the down time the crashes & instability were costing me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok good to know thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources