Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect Reflections

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I started using Stager more and more, mainly as help on still-image retouching, or for creating visuals etc. 
Learning curve is pretty simple, especially when coming from Dimension. 

The price is still too high, and I think this should be part of the normal CC offer, as it is an essential tool for retouchers.

Anyway – 

Setting up a visual of a simple little juice bottle, I was mostly happy with the results, especially with the upper part of the bottle. Even a friend working with C4D was impressed with the render.

The only real problem is the reflection.
It seems that gets generated befor the glass / refraction / shadows on the main object, and therefore looks completely wrong. The reflection should be generated after taking the main object into consideration.

Is there anything I am missing?

thank you,

Stefan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Hi @enamic5! Thanks for letting us know about this issue! It looks like this reflection error is happening with shiny stone SBSAR materials. This information has now been passed along to the engineers so they can investigate. It might take some time for them to figure out what had happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share file to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thank you. Sure can do – 
Ray Tracing preview already shows the wrong reflection/ I through that would be corrected on Render, but it did not, unfortunately.

https://we.tl/t-TJHthIwppl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @enamic5! Thanks for letting us know about this issue! It looks like this reflection error is happening with shiny stone SBSAR materials. This information has now been passed along to the engineers so they can investigate. It might take some time for them to figure out what had happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Thank you very much for letting me know. Glad it is getting looked at.

thank you,

Stefan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with new version of Stager (medium render). IMHO looks better

Juicenew-Camera.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still see the problem though, as the reflection shows the glass, and the fill does not extend to the outside. The reflection should show the same image as the bottle with its content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 
Just to confirm, this issue unfortunately still persists, with reflections not being rendered correctly.

thank you,

Stefan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I looked at this, and don't see the problem, maybe my eyes aren't seeing what you are seeing. The highlight on the bottle at the top flows with the direction of the shadow at the back of the bottle on the ground plane.  I hope an update fixes what you need, overall this looks like a really nice render. I appreciate that the person who models and creates a scene will be much more critical, I'm betting if you gave this photo to 10 of your friends, none of them would see any imperfections, I just don't see it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it is not a BIG problem. The render itself is generally great in terms of realism, texture, light etc. But the reflection seems to be coming from a differnet renderer if you look at it, and that breaks the 'realism'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources