• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with displacement on sbsar files from adobes own free library

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I downloaded some sbsar files on your site under free. As an example I found one that looks like a building with windows, bricks etc. In Stager I want to add it to a simple box so the box looks like a building. I found multiple issues here.

1. Loading but nothing happends. I can wait forever but nothing happens after I import material to selection.
But this is only sometimes.

2. When the loading is sucessfull I start manipulating the texture with all the possibilities it has. Again I see a lot of loading time without nothing happens. I can change a window color to green but nothing happens. I start working on roughness or other things. This I am not waiting on. Suddenly after a long time and doing a lot of other things, the windows suddenly turns green. So it seems out of the control because I dont see the change while I do it, but it can change 5 minutes after. Even though I made other changes in between.

3. When I want to use the Displacement I see random displacement that does not fit to the material. I can work on the normal and height sliders. When displacement is turned on, it all turns out pretty strange and has nothing to do with the sbsar file it seems.

4. When I use bevel on the box I make in Stager and want to use the Displacement on one of these sbsar files I found on your page, it comes with a warning about that Displacement does not work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

I see. Thanks 🙂 Then I will just create my meshes in Maya or something similar in the future. But it could be cool if Stager just added that as a function to change polygons on it's meshes 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi could you post a screenshot of the unexpected displacement result? Also could you give us some details about the hardware you are running on? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes offcourse. Sorry for the delay in respond, I was on vacation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, what resolution did you set the material to? Typically you want to set it to 1024px while you adjust parameters so it updates fast, and set it to a higher resolution when you're done.

As for the displacement, what you see is the result of your model not having enough polygons to have precise displacement. This type of material, with very sharp edges, requires a lot of polygons to work well.

I'd recommend switching the Tesselation mode to "Uniform (total face budget)" and increasing the value to a high number, like 100,000 or more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now changed the resolution to the highest.
The model used is just the basic cube in 3D stager. How do I give it more polygons?
When using a basic plane I can get it to work way better than on the cube.

Both examples is made with high number in uniform (total face budget).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you familiar with Substance Sampler or Painter? You can check your material properties in that apps and try to re import into Stager back to see if there any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sadly not. But as I see it, I guess it is not the material that has an issue but the basic cube mesh in 3D stager that has only few polygons. Because the material works on the plane mesh. I just don't know how to make the cube with higher quality (polgon wise)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has possibility to cÕ°ange amount of mesh. You can try that, or create cube in Ps and import into Dn

https://youtu.be/5FTuZetSkCc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. Thanks 🙂 Then I will just create my meshes in Maya or something similar in the future. But it could be cool if Stager just added that as a function to change polygons on it's meshes 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources