Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a moon in stager

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I would like to make a moon in Stager. I have downloaded the color and displacement maps from this site: https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/details.cgi?aid=4720

I had successfully made detailed looking moons in Photoshop before they got rid of the 3D features.

Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me seem to figure out how to:

A) fit the map to a sphere without it looking stretched

B) if I apply a height/displacement/bump map to nearly anything in Stager, it comes out looking clumpy and absurd 

I would greatly appreciate some guidance. Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is possibility in Stager -Export UVs. It works similar as in Dimension, so I think this video can help you. https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

This will help to place decal correctly on 3d surfaces

To compliment existing material and decal features in Dimension 2020 (version 3.4), you can now export a 3D model's UVs in PSD format. UVs are a representation of a 3D model flattened into 2D space, making it easy to design graphics in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources