• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelated texture in Substance 3D stager

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I placed a graphic (image) on any model in stager & render it, results are pixalated.

I've tried image in high resolution with both jpg & png. but results are same.

As Compared render with same settings in Dimension the results are way good then the stager.

here are the comparison results of rendered model in stager vs dimesnion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Hi everyone!  A note from the Stager team here.  We're aware of the pixelated graphics issue and now that our 2.0 release is out this is the top priority for us to fix.  We'll be hoping to share an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I now realize what fixed it was changing the resolution of the base material to something like 4096px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will help for sure. But if you have a large single mesh object, with a much smaller decal, even high resolution base material setting will not fix the issue (ie. a small window sticker on top of a large, single mesh model of a car). The way I used to get around this was to use the magic wand to select a small portion of the large model, CUT it out, and the PASTE it back, making it it's own object. Then, I apply the sticker to the new, smaller object. Hope that makes sense 😁. I've abandoned Subtance due to this issue and have moved on to Blender. The product videos I'm making are amazing! So much more you can do in Blender, but learning curve is steep. Thankfully there are tons of beginner videos on youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Product Manager JMathews already stated that they are aware that this is an issue. There has not been a major release that fixes this since she stated that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like this is still an issue over a year later...
Is there anyone that can recommend a workarund? i think it's essential that this works, at least for me to keep subscribing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I stopped using Stager because of this bug. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it by now. I use Dimension and Photoshop for simple graphics but otherwise it's over to another "Non Adobe" 3D app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources