Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to render just a crop?

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there a possibility to render just a crop of the before already rendered view?

For an example: I rendered a huge image of (in this case) an open elevator-door for a long time 😉

Then i discovered, i need to change the material of only one object... Is there an easy workarround just to render a crop (same camera-settings), in order to put them together in Photoshop?

Thanks for help!

Laas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Thank you for your replies! Unfortunately i didnt find the best solution. Maybe i´ve to explain better what i wish to have:

Just in case, i rendered (for some hours) a 3D scene - customer says ok... but...  please change the water tup (f.e.)

So the easiest way could be,

1. to change the tup in the scene and render all again (for some more hours)

2. after changing just the tup, to make a crop arround the new object (keeping the resol) and render only the crop for a few minutes and quickly put them to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO no. The only way is to make changes in Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i don't know if it's the solution but you can override the camera size in therender screen. Select the camera and just under activate the override function and you can set the size, the resolution, the units.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replies! Unfortunately i didnt find the best solution. Maybe i´ve to explain better what i wish to have:

Just in case, i rendered (for some hours) a 3D scene - customer says ok... but...  please change the water tup (f.e.)

So the easiest way could be,

1. to change the tup in the scene and render all again (for some more hours)

2. after changing just the tup, to make a crop arround the new object (keeping the resol) and render only the crop for a few minutes and quickly put them together in PS (the fastest way)

As it seems its not possible in Stager - but it could help a lot!

It belongs to my wish-list for Stager! 😉

Doe anyone know the problem?

Have a nice day!

Laas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greate suggestion I think. It can be done in Ps by selecting custom area but not in Stager or Dimension. Thanks for cool idea. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources