Copy link to clipboard
Copy link to clipboard
Hello, i'm on the same MBP 2021 M1 MAx 64Go and in the beta of Stager.
. The render working fine. The render preview is not he final rendering, there is often a big gap between preview and the final rendering.
. The final rendering seems to be longer ( i need to test more)
. For Steam, i'm not on it and maybe someone else can answer to this.
. A new release is on the way but if you need to share feedback for Stager there is a better place : https://feedback.substance3d.adobe.com/forums/936174-substance-3d-stager
Ask to vote for the idea when the post is done 😉
Thanks for the reply:
I've been using Adobe dimensions and Stager for a long time now so it was a shock to see how the preview raytracing has deteriated in this lasts version.
normally you can get a good impression of how the final render will look like on the preview but now as per my screenshots the images are far more pixelated and grainy.
Is this maybe a processor issue with the new Mac chips?
- final renders typically are about 5- 20mins but now 50mins +
Let's see how other users get along with the new update.
Following on from the initial issues plus a few additional issues I have experienced during testing the recent update:
1) Disappearing objects:
2) Rendering speeds: After a few weeks of testing the rendering speeds are still much slower than Dimensions or previous versions of Stager.
3) The raytracing preview was far better on the previous versions of Dimensions and Stager.
4) Performance issues: On a number of ocassions whilst applying some basic materials to an object the computer Mouse progress wheel starts to appear like its buffering but the GPU doesnt show its under any stress.
4) Camera view locking: I found that Dimensions is better at creating a set camera angle. I find it a bit frustrating that when you find the perfect scene and then you pan or zoom out the camera then forget the original position if you didn't lock the camera. Having the camera angle locked from the start would be perfect (like Dimensions).
5) Glass effects: The reflections, transparency and general finish of the rendered image look unrealistic, compared to previous Stager/Dimension versions.
Overall I love the software and see great potential with it but these small isues need to be ironed out...@JMathews and the Stager team keep up the good work.